KEDA profoundly acknowledges the significance of personal data to each and every user, and will take the appropriate measures, as required by applicable laws and regulations, to ensure, to the extent possible, the security of users’ personal information.
KEDA collects user data with the primary purpose of improving user experience and refining product quality. We will maintain an open attitude in processing users’ personal information and establishing end-to-end privacy protection for all KEDA segments and entities by explicitly requesting and seeking users’ express consent at all times. Users will have the autonomy to decide whether or not to provide their personal data to KEDA.
1. How Does KEDA Collect and Use Your Personal Information?
Personal information refers to information recorded in electronic (or any other) form that can individually, or combined with other pieces of information, lead to the identification of a person; or information that is reflective of an individual’s personal activities.
When you use KEDA’s products and/or services, we need/may need to collect and use your personal information for purposes including the following:
We will collect and use your personal information in the two ways stated below, if we use your information outside of the following purposes, we shall reiterate our needs and seek your express consent again.
(1) To provide you with the basic functionalities of KEDA’s products and/or services. If you refuse to provide the necessary information, you will not be able to use our products and/or services normally.
(2) To provide you with additional features of KEDA’s products and/or services. If you refuse to provide the necessary information, you will not be able to use the additional features normally. The normal usage of the basic functionalities of our products and/or services should however not be affected.
2. How Does KEDA Share, Transfer and Disclose Your Personal Information?
We will not share your personal information with other companies, organizations and individuals, except in the following situations:
1. When express consent to share has been obtained: we will share your personal information with other parties after obtaining your express consent.
2. When it is required by law: we will share your personal information when required by law or at the request of relevant government authorities.
We require companies, organizations and individuals with whom we share personal information to process personal information in accordance with this Policy and to comply with other confidentiality and security measures that may surpass what is required in this Policy.
We will not transfer your personal information to other companies, organizations and individuals, except in the following situations:
1. When express consent to transfer has been obtained: we will transfer your personal information with other parties after obtaining your express consent.
2. In the case of a merger, acquisition or liquidation, when transfer of personal information is necessary, we will continue to require the new company or organization that holds your personal information to remain compliant to this Policy, or we will ask the company or organization to request your express consent again.
We will only publicly disclose your personal information in the following situations:
1. We may publicly disclose your personal information when your express consent has been obtained or when you voluntarily choose to do so.
2. Disclosure required by law: We may publicly disclose your personal information in the event of a legal, administrative or judicial proceeding and/or litigation; or at the request of a relevant government authority.
3. How Will KEDA Protect Your Personal Information?
We have taken reasonable and feasible security measures that meet industry standards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. For example, we provide secure https browsing to our websites, we use encryption (e.g. SSL) to ensure the confidentiality of your data, we use trusted protection mechanisms to protect data from malicious attacks, and we deploy access controls to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to users’ personal information. We also conduct security and privacy training courses to enhance employee awareness of the importance of protecting personal information.
4. Scope of Policy
Information Storage: The personal data collected and generated by KEDA through its operations in the People’s Republic of China (“China”) is stored in China. We will ensure that your personal information is sufficiently protected under this Policy.
5. Policy Updates
We may make adjustments or changes to this Policy in due course. The updated content will take effect after the announcement, unless otherwise required by laws, regulations and regulatory requirements.